Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday!!!


Growing up I was raised on the oldies but goodies. Memaw and Pawpaw had a jukebox

filled with the golden classics that they grew up listening to. Us grandkids would sit in the back room picking songs on the jukebox and dancing to them all!! We even have evidence of Pawpaw singing and dancing with us!! This is when my love Elvis began. I always have liked the unique things and fell in love with them more because they are rare...perhaps this can explain my warddrobe choices mom! I have always been asked why I like Elvis so much, he has such a rich voice and amazing good looks plus after all the documentaries I have watched he seems like such a fun down to earth guy....who wouldn't love the King of Rock 'n Roll??? Anytime someone comes into my room, they quickly pick up that I am fan of Elvis due to my collection from over the years! I just love it and especially since it something I can share in common with my mom and memaw. Anyway today Elvis turns 74! I couldn't imagine what he would look like at that age!! So Happy Birthday Elvis Presley!!! On to the Elvis movie marathons ;)

No comments: