Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer Recap

I've lost base with the blog. Especially since mom, dad, and now grandma all have facebook to keep in touch with what I have been up to! But since the summer has come and gone, here's a little summary of what my summer was like!!




4th of July weekend a group of us made the roadtrip to Possum Kingdom in Graham, TX to celebrate Kelsi's birthday and the 4th of July.



With the birthday girl!All day on the fourth we laid out on the lake. We took the boat out to meet up with Kelsi's family friends' 80 foot houseboat! It was insane!! This summer my aunt married to Jason. I have been able to hang out with them a few times at the river and then again at his daughter Jayci's birthday party
Mom and I spend quality time together at the Elvis impersonation in downtown Conroe.



In Austin, I caught up wtih my uncles, Brian and Mark, to watch Mark's band Fan to Flame perform live! He has an inspirational rock band that has been picking up several shows! He will be coming to itunes soon...I will be sure to keep you updated!



Of course swimming is required every summer!! And I spent many of hours laying out by the pool, but my favorite is always swimming with the cousins!!!
It seems like everyone was moving, but me!! I decided to stay in the same apt to avoid the packing and moving, but in college it's almost inevitable not to move someone each summer!! You can tell how productive we were in helping Jacob and Garrett move!







What kind of Madisonville citizen would I be if I didn't make trip to Buc-ee's?? I was able to introduce several people to the famous truck stop and pictures was always a necessity there!!Of course I made several trips to Huntsville this summer!!


Eating Chinese with Alex and Doug

Hanging out with the boys!










Doing the Hoedown Throwdown in the middle of car hide and seek at Sam Houston


And roadtripping with Bearkats to the Astros game vs the Diamondbacks

And whenever possible get together's with Alex Z were always amazing when we both found time in our crazy schedules!!


After several trips down, Jake finally decided to become an Aggie and made the move from Lubbock!! I have my work cut out for me taking him from a Raider to an Aggie!



Although it didn't happen near enough...hanging out with the girls were squeezed in whenever possible!!


It's been an awesome summer! I hate that it has already come and gone...but the good thing about college is you can still fit in the naps, the laying out, and the roadtrips! Makes me not want college to ever end!! ...I'm sure Dad's opinion is different! No worries, Dad, I plan on being out this time next year!! YIKES!!!

No comments: