Monday, October 20, 2008

A New Meaning to Aggie Football

Most know that the Aggie football team started out with a new coach and almost a whole entire new coaching staff. Some may have expected the football program to do a complete 180 where others may be giving Coach Sherman a break since this is his first year. But no matter the circumstance it is frustrating to continually lose, especially to rival Texas teams. But take a look at this new perspective on football. There is a new program through the 12th Man Foundation called "Bring 'em to Aggieland" (http://www.bringemtoaggieland.com/default.asp) This is based on bringing not only champion athletes on the field, but in the classroom and attitude as well. To find those that are respectful, of great character, and a winning attitude and "bring 'em to Aggieland." Javorskie Lane or the J-Train hasn't seen just a whole lot of playing time this year. My theory on it, Sherman may just not want to play those who lack the winning character. The early game time march in includes the entire football team followed by the Aggie Hostess, and then followed by th J-Train. My thought...I would rather lose every football game with respectful players than win games without character and dignity. So my hat's off to Coach Mike Sherman and his coaching staff. And here is a link to a letter that Coach Sherman wrote and was published in Friday's Battalion http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2008/10/17/Opinion/MidSeason.Report.From.Mike.Sherman-3492589.shtml?reffeature=recentlycommentedstoriestab
Texas A&M vs. Kansas StateLaini!! I am introducing her to the Bunco scene this month!!


I know this s a silly picture, but we both just had pedis!! And I love my maroon and white toes!


It seems at each game, Travis and Nathan do something to pick on us involving water, but this time it went a little far! We are being 2 percenters and tired of standing, so to punish us, Travis attacked us with a little splash of his water! But oh how I love retaliation, so after failing once at paying him back, I did not give up! As we go to leave I had my sneak attack to pour what was left of my water all over Travis, but what I did not notice was the half gallon of water left in his hand. I had no where to run in the crowd of people so I "hunkered down" and took the drenching!
Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech

This week we had my favorite seats....the bleachers right under the Jumbtron, but not only were they in the bleachers, but first row!! So we were right there in all the football action! Here is #21 Justin McQueen!!

So I tried a "mean muggin" face with Nathan, but my attempt failed!!

No comments: