Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gettin in the Christmas Spirit!

After we have stuffed our bellies with turkey and dressing and sweets...it was time to try and burn some of those calories off by getting into the Christmas spirit!! Oh this is my favorite time of year!!! I love decorating the tree ((well this year I was a little distracted with the A&M basketball game on tv...sorry mom!)), helping dad hang the lights ((even if its sprinkling outside)), and Christmas music!!!

To kick off dead week we had a Christmas party!! We were to all bring food for potluck and a gift under 20 dollars for the white elephant game. I was so proud I made Mrs Bailey's little sandwiches for the first time which turned out to be hit!!
I didn't get a good picture of me, but I came dressed as a sparkly zebra present since I said that I was a gift from above ;) We had a few others get in the spirit...especially Jordan who was proud of his $15 Santa suit from Walgreens

To start out the games we played a game that involved dice and presents...no ladies, it wasn't bunco!! There was a big wrapped present in the middle of the table. We rolled two dice and whoever got doubles put on ski gloves and begin to unwrap the gift until someone else rolled doubles and then you had to stop and the next person put on the gloves an unwrapped the gift. Guess who was the first one to roll doubles with 2 sixes??? ME!! Man when I rolled those double sixes, I thought I was still in Bunco mode from the night before!! After getting through the first present we then had several more to go through, but at the end was a little jewelry box that had a note inside saying that that person was number 1 for the White Elephant game.
I'm often referred to as the rancher of the group, so I thought what would be more appropriate than a rancher gift. Of course it wouldn't be as funny if one of the girls got the gift...so I tried to warn all the girls and Nathan ended up snagging the John Deere tractor and farm animals. It turned out perfect!We had a great time, and it was good to get together and relax before the real stress of finals set in!!! Say a prayer for us college kids!! The light's at the end of the tunnel!!!

Denzel

1 comment:

teresa said...

Looks like you had a great time! Glad everyone liked your sandwiches. Good job on the gift!