Saturday, September 27, 2008

Game Day 3


After another long exhausting week it was nice to kick back and go to another Fightin' Texas Aggie Football Game!! This week the Ags took on the Army...and yes we won!!! ((21 to 17)) WHOOP!!
Today was Military Appreciation Day which was appropriate considering the Corp was taking on the Army. They had a lot going on to pay contribute to those defending out country. To open the game several military men parachuted into Kyle Field.Then during halftime, the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band played tribute to the military followed by the Corp marching in carrying a HUGE American flag that covered the whole field! This week, was our largest group with 11 of all sitting together we had a great time despite the heat!! Did I mention that the game started at 11:30...which meant we were out there in the middle of the heat of the day?!?!? I think the heat might have been getting to us at this point!

We were sitting on first deck this week...which made it soooo nice when it came time to leaving...have you ever been trapped on 3rd deck at the end of the game...talk about miserable!!!


I finally did it!! I stayed the whole entire game!!! I was soooo excited...it has taken me 3 years to build enough endurance to stand the whole game. (( I will be paying for it tomorrow though))
I learned a new tradition today (since I finally stayed the whole game) the freshman corp run and chase the yell leaders and then carry them off to throw them into fish pond...it was definitely fun to watch!!






2 comments:

Patricia Faries said...

Wow! standing the entire game in the middle of the day ! I would not have made it. Way to go!
Love you, Grandma

Patricia Faries said...

Wow! standing the entire game in the middle of the day ! I would not have made it. Way to go!
Love you, Grandma