Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home (Finally)

Here is my new bedroom!! I have had soooo much practice in decorating my room since I have moved so many times here recently! But this time my dad brought most of my things up on Friday, so my mom hasn't seen the finished product...just an empty room. This means that I had to put things up and place things on my own (before mom was always such a huge help in positioning my furniture). I am so proud of the way it all came out...I love it!! But don't worry mom...when it comes time to get my own home you will be much needed!!!












This is my favorite spot in the room. There was already a built in desk and shelf which I love...so much space to add pictures and new bought decor from Hobby Lobby :) But above it I bought vinyl letters from Hobby Lobby and put up the "love you from the inside out" This is such a beautiful worship song that I love! I heard it for the first time and thought what a beautiful prayer that would be. That night and all that week I made that my prayer...learning to love christ from the inside out, not a surface love. 4 days later, Christ took something out of my life that I thought would be there for a very long time. I was devestated to say the least. A few weeks later I was at Breakaway when they played this song again and I couldn't help but to weep. I remembered from a few weeks earlier when I had made that my prayer and God had answered it by removing what was quickly replacing my love for Christ. God answers prayers! Although that was definitely not what I had wanted or thought that was what I asked for, as many months have passed since then I have seen God move.




Here's my bathroom! I still need to be on the lookout for my Paris decor to add into the bathroom. But I did find this sign at Hobby Lobby that quotes Philipians 4:8..."Whatever is noble, pure, right, lovely...think on these things." This is my sister's favorite verse and she has it written up in her bathroom so she sees it each and every morning, so I had to get because I too find it beautiful!!



The one problem with the new apartment is there is so little shelf space, so I had to purchase a shelf to add to the wall to hold my hair supplies and you guessed it...it came from Hobby Lobby too (have I mentioned that I absolutely love Hobby Lobby???)


And here is my wad of necklaces that sits on my counter with no place to go. I took this picture as a friendly hint/reminder...Mom I need one of your necklace holders!!!

No comments: