Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparent's Day

College has gotten me sooo busy...school, work, gym, and of course the social scene...I wonder why is there only 24 hours in a day??? I have really tried keeping in touch with my grandparents a lot more. Today was Grandparent's Day, so in order to celebrate I drove to Houston this morning to go to church with Grandma Tricia and then take her out for lunch. We had such a good time and I love getting to spend time with her. Growing up, Grandma lived in Madisonville for a good bit, so I would see her very frequently, but since moving to Houston it's harder to keep in touch, but it only makes those visit much sweeter and precious. Many may know that Grandma raised 6 boys! How she did that...I do not know, but what I strong woman she is that I love and admire. She has a beautiful Christian spirit, and a huge heart filled with love for her 6 sons, 4 daughter-in-laws, and 8 grandkids!!


I often have comments on my accent and asked where am I from? I always say Madisonville, but I know that much of my country accent and background is based from my mom's parents. My memaw and pawpaw add a unique flavor to my culture that I am very proud of...straight country!! Words like down yonder and britches cannot be replaced...it's a language of their own that I enjoy! What grandparents build an outhouse, give you the nickname of Punky Brewster, teach you how to ride a four wheeler or send you crawfish fishing with bacon on a string...MINE DO!! I love my Memaw and Pawpaw and hate that I don't get to see them near enough.

I hate that I don't have pictures of my grandparents to post, but don't worry next time I see them we will be taking plenty of pictures!

1 comment:

Patricia Faries said...

I am so touched by your comments. It was a wonderful Sunday visit! I love you. Grandma.